More food that will help set the mood

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Since ancient times, aphrodisiac foods, substances that produced various forms of stimulation, have been shown to arouse sexual excitement in two ways: psycho physiological (visual, tactile, olfactory and aural) and internal (stemming from food, alcoholic drinks, drugs, love potions and medical preparations). By nature, these foods represented seed or semen, or were considered inherently to have sexual powers, such as bulbs, eggs, and snails or other foods that were considered stimulating by their physical resemblance to genitalia.

Tropical Diet List of Aphrodisiac Foods

Foods
artichokes
asparagus
almond
arugula
avocado
bananas
carrots
celery
champagne
cherries
chocolate
coffee
dates
eggplan
horseradish
gingko nuts
grapes
mousses
oats
okra
onions
oysters
peaches
pinenuts
pomegranates
quince
spinache
walnuts
wine

Spices
anise
basil
cayenne pepper
cloves
corlander(cilantro)
ginger
jasmine
mustard
nutmeg
oregano
rosemary
saffron
sage
thyme
vanilla

Information compiled from Lisa Dorfman, (MS, RD, CSSD, LMHC) book entitled “The Tropical Diet.”

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...