More food that will help set the mood

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Since ancient times, aphrodisiac foods, substances that produced various forms of stimulation, have been shown to arouse sexual excitement in two ways: psycho physiological (visual, tactile, olfactory and aural) and internal (stemming from food, alcoholic drinks, drugs, love potions and medical preparations). By nature, these foods represented seed or semen, or were considered inherently to have sexual powers, such as bulbs, eggs, and snails or other foods that were considered stimulating by their physical resemblance to genitalia.

Tropical Diet List of Aphrodisiac Foods

Foods
artichokes
asparagus
almond
arugula
avocado
bananas
carrots
celery
champagne
cherries
chocolate
coffee
dates
eggplan
horseradish
gingko nuts
grapes
mousses
oats
okra
onions
oysters
peaches
pinenuts
pomegranates
quince
spinache
walnuts
wine

Spices
anise
basil
cayenne pepper
cloves
corlander(cilantro)
ginger
jasmine
mustard
nutmeg
oregano
rosemary
saffron
sage
thyme
vanilla

Information compiled from Lisa Dorfman, (MS, RD, CSSD, LMHC) book entitled “The Tropical Diet.”

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...