More food that will help set the mood

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Since ancient times, aphrodisiac foods, substances that produced various forms of stimulation, have been shown to arouse sexual excitement in two ways: psycho physiological (visual, tactile, olfactory and aural) and internal (stemming from food, alcoholic drinks, drugs, love potions and medical preparations). By nature, these foods represented seed or semen, or were considered inherently to have sexual powers, such as bulbs, eggs, and snails or other foods that were considered stimulating by their physical resemblance to genitalia.

Tropical Diet List of Aphrodisiac Foods

Foods
artichokes
asparagus
almond
arugula
avocado
bananas
carrots
celery
champagne
cherries
chocolate
coffee
dates
eggplan
horseradish
gingko nuts
grapes
mousses
oats
okra
onions
oysters
peaches
pinenuts
pomegranates
quince
spinache
walnuts
wine

Spices
anise
basil
cayenne pepper
cloves
corlander(cilantro)
ginger
jasmine
mustard
nutmeg
oregano
rosemary
saffron
sage
thyme
vanilla

Information compiled from Lisa Dorfman, (MS, RD, CSSD, LMHC) book entitled “The Tropical Diet.”

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...