Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingredients

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Better sex could just be one meal away. According to aol.com, you can cook up your own little love spell with these foods:

Oysters
According to aol.com, the oyster has been a sexy shellfish since the ancient tale of Aphrodite emerging from the sea on an oyster shell. Oysters are good for the heart and get the blood flowing. everywhere.

Pine Nuts
Pine nuts provide some protein to help rev up one’s stamina, but are also heavy in monosaturated fats and zinc, nutrients linked to an increased sexual desire.

Spices
Spices get everything hot from the food to the bedroom. Certain spices, such as chili pepper and ginger can help improve circulation, stimulate the nervous system and increase feelings of sexual arousal, while hot spices such as curry and cumin increase body temperature.

Avocado
The Aztecs named the avocado ahuacale (testicle) because it grows in pairs. It has been shown that foods that resemble particular body parts (bananas, carrots, etc.) can have an arousing effect.

Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate causes the release of serotonin, which helps ease stress, as well as phenylthylamine which causes change in blood pressure and blood-sugar levels, resulting in feelings of excitement.

For more information or recipes to cook up a meal of love, check out the following:
“The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook” by Martha Hopkins, Randall Lockridge
“Great Food, Great Sex” by Robert Fried, Lynn Edlen-Nezin
“Fork Me, Spoon Me: The Sensual Cookbook” by Amy Reiley
“The Tropical Diet” by Lisa Dorfman

Bari Lieberman can be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...