Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingredients

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Better sex could just be one meal away. According to aol.com, you can cook up your own little love spell with these foods:

Oysters
According to aol.com, the oyster has been a sexy shellfish since the ancient tale of Aphrodite emerging from the sea on an oyster shell. Oysters are good for the heart and get the blood flowing. everywhere.

Pine Nuts
Pine nuts provide some protein to help rev up one’s stamina, but are also heavy in monosaturated fats and zinc, nutrients linked to an increased sexual desire.

Spices
Spices get everything hot from the food to the bedroom. Certain spices, such as chili pepper and ginger can help improve circulation, stimulate the nervous system and increase feelings of sexual arousal, while hot spices such as curry and cumin increase body temperature.

Avocado
The Aztecs named the avocado ahuacale (testicle) because it grows in pairs. It has been shown that foods that resemble particular body parts (bananas, carrots, etc.) can have an arousing effect.

Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate causes the release of serotonin, which helps ease stress, as well as phenylthylamine which causes change in blood pressure and blood-sugar levels, resulting in feelings of excitement.

For more information or recipes to cook up a meal of love, check out the following:
“The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook” by Martha Hopkins, Randall Lockridge
“Great Food, Great Sex” by Robert Fried, Lynn Edlen-Nezin
“Fork Me, Spoon Me: The Sensual Cookbook” by Amy Reiley
“The Tropical Diet” by Lisa Dorfman

Bari Lieberman can be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...