Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingredients

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Better sex could just be one meal away. According to aol.com, you can cook up your own little love spell with these foods:

Oysters
According to aol.com, the oyster has been a sexy shellfish since the ancient tale of Aphrodite emerging from the sea on an oyster shell. Oysters are good for the heart and get the blood flowing. everywhere.

Pine Nuts
Pine nuts provide some protein to help rev up one’s stamina, but are also heavy in monosaturated fats and zinc, nutrients linked to an increased sexual desire.

Spices
Spices get everything hot from the food to the bedroom. Certain spices, such as chili pepper and ginger can help improve circulation, stimulate the nervous system and increase feelings of sexual arousal, while hot spices such as curry and cumin increase body temperature.

Avocado
The Aztecs named the avocado ahuacale (testicle) because it grows in pairs. It has been shown that foods that resemble particular body parts (bananas, carrots, etc.) can have an arousing effect.

Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate causes the release of serotonin, which helps ease stress, as well as phenylthylamine which causes change in blood pressure and blood-sugar levels, resulting in feelings of excitement.

For more information or recipes to cook up a meal of love, check out the following:
“The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook” by Martha Hopkins, Randall Lockridge
“Great Food, Great Sex” by Robert Fried, Lynn Edlen-Nezin
“Fork Me, Spoon Me: The Sensual Cookbook” by Amy Reiley
“The Tropical Diet” by Lisa Dorfman

Bari Lieberman can be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...