Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingredients

This is just part of EDGE’s Valentines Day Guide. See below for links to the rest of the V-day special.

Better sex could just be one meal away. According to aol.com, you can cook up your own little love spell with these foods:

Oysters
According to aol.com, the oyster has been a sexy shellfish since the ancient tale of Aphrodite emerging from the sea on an oyster shell. Oysters are good for the heart and get the blood flowing. everywhere.

Pine Nuts
Pine nuts provide some protein to help rev up one’s stamina, but are also heavy in monosaturated fats and zinc, nutrients linked to an increased sexual desire.

Spices
Spices get everything hot from the food to the bedroom. Certain spices, such as chili pepper and ginger can help improve circulation, stimulate the nervous system and increase feelings of sexual arousal, while hot spices such as curry and cumin increase body temperature.

Avocado
The Aztecs named the avocado ahuacale (testicle) because it grows in pairs. It has been shown that foods that resemble particular body parts (bananas, carrots, etc.) can have an arousing effect.

Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate causes the release of serotonin, which helps ease stress, as well as phenylthylamine which causes change in blood pressure and blood-sugar levels, resulting in feelings of excitement.

For more information or recipes to cook up a meal of love, check out the following:
“The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook” by Martha Hopkins, Randall Lockridge
“Great Food, Great Sex” by Robert Fried, Lynn Edlen-Nezin
“Fork Me, Spoon Me: The Sensual Cookbook” by Amy Reiley
“The Tropical Diet” by Lisa Dorfman

Bari Lieberman can be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

EDGE Valentine’s Day Guide:

Four ways to say ‘I love you’

Have a little food for thought with these sexy ingrediants

More food that will help set the mood

Student’s business has perfect gift

The comic strip guide to relationships

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...