What’s going on?

TODAY (Feb 9)
Applications for the 2007 Homecoming Executive Committee are due by 5 p.m. in UC 209.

Join Canes Night Live in celebrating the Rat’s 34th birthday “Mardi Gras Style” from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. In true Mardi Gras fashion, free masks and beads will be provided!

SATURDAY (Feb 10)
Looking for some community service? The Venetian Causeway Clean-up will run from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. For more information visit www.ecomb.org/registration.htm.

The Frost Society of Composers presents a night of performances conducted by director Lansing McLoskey from 8 to 10 p.m. at the L. Austin Weeks Center. Admission is free.

SUNDAY (Feb 11)
Canes baseball wraps up their series against UCLA at 1 p.m. at Mark Light Stadium.

Bring your blankets to the Jazz on the Green concert next to Lake Osceola from 3 to 5 p.m.

MONDAY (Feb 12)
Any plans for summer? International Education and Exchange Programs will hold a Summer Session Study Abroad Fair from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge.

Toppel Career Center is holding an “Internships 101” workshop from 12 to 1 p.m. in the Toppel Library. For more information call (305) 284-5451.

The HSF Film Series will be screening “Mexico in Motion” at 7 p.m. in LC 190.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...