Strange News : Professional Pillow fighting introduced

Hundreds of New Yorkers were lined up last weekend for the US debut of the Pillow Fight League (PFL). This league is a Canadian invention meant to turn the stereotypical male fantasy into a popular sport for women “who enjoy behaving badly”. They are not allowed to scratch, gouge or pull each other’s hair. Instead, only a fiber-filled bed pillow may be used. A Canadian model, Katrina Randell, who goes by “Sally Spitfire” while pillow fighting said, “It’s not just a bunch of sexy girls in lingerie-get ready, you’re going to get walloped. We beat the crap out of each other and we’re giggling at the end.” The PFL whose slogan is “Fight like a girl” has 22 fighting members, an official male referee and rules which include no “rude, lewd or suggesting behavior” (this includes stuffing a brick into your pillow). Needless to say, both female audiences and male sports columnists mentioned that this event has a “leering, creepy old man element in the crowd” which is a “post-modern irony that set women back, oh, 40 years.” Fights last five minutes and are won by pinning opponents to the ground (sometimes with the help of a pillow ’round their throat), or belting them so hard that they surrender.

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

UM public relations students unveiled their plans to reposition March for Our Lives to attract colle ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...