Strange News : Professional Pillow fighting introduced

Hundreds of New Yorkers were lined up last weekend for the US debut of the Pillow Fight League (PFL). This league is a Canadian invention meant to turn the stereotypical male fantasy into a popular sport for women “who enjoy behaving badly”. They are not allowed to scratch, gouge or pull each other’s hair. Instead, only a fiber-filled bed pillow may be used. A Canadian model, Katrina Randell, who goes by “Sally Spitfire” while pillow fighting said, “It’s not just a bunch of sexy girls in lingerie-get ready, you’re going to get walloped. We beat the crap out of each other and we’re giggling at the end.” The PFL whose slogan is “Fight like a girl” has 22 fighting members, an official male referee and rules which include no “rude, lewd or suggesting behavior” (this includes stuffing a brick into your pillow). Needless to say, both female audiences and male sports columnists mentioned that this event has a “leering, creepy old man element in the crowd” which is a “post-modern irony that set women back, oh, 40 years.” Fights last five minutes and are won by pinning opponents to the ground (sometimes with the help of a pillow ’round their throat), or belting them so hard that they surrender.

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...