What’s going on?

TODAY (Feb 2)
Today is the last day of the Kaplan test prep course silent auction. Stop by and place an offer from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the UC Breezeway.

‘Canes baseball opens their weekend series against Mercer at 7 p.m. at Mark Light Stadium.

SATURDAY (Feb 3)
Interested in law school? The Multicultural Admissions Fair will take place today from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the School of Law. Those interested in attending may RSVP at 305-284-6746.

The celebrity basketball game “Superbowl Gridiron Celebrity Hoops” will be played from 6 to 11 p.m. at the BankUnited Center. Tickets may be purchased at the BUC box office.

Frost Symphony Orchestra presents the Annual Concerto Competition Winner’s Concert from 8 to 10 p.m. in Maurice Gusman Concert Hall. The performance features conductors Thomas Sleeper and Chung Park. Free admission.

SUNDAY (Feb 4)
The Turkish film “Climates” will be screened in the Cosford Cinema at 3 p.m. For more information, call 305-284-4861.

It’s Superbowl Sunday! Watch the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts at 6:25 p.m. on CBS.

MONDAY (Feb 5)
Black Awareness Month presents the Black Beauty Fair from 7 to 9 p.m. in the UC I-lounge.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...