Strange News : Man gets lost in NYC for five days

Damon Mootoo, a new comer to New York City, was lost for five days after simply stepping out for a walk. Mootoo was staying at his brother’s house in Queens when he decided to go out on a walk just 12 hours after arriving in New York for the first time. The man, 32, quickly got disoriented. Although Mootoo can speak English, he said he didn’t ask for directions because he was afraid he’d be deported and because he had heard scary stories about New York. Mootoo decided to rough it in abandoned cars and under wood planks to survive the temperatures that dropped into the low 20s. Michal Bharath, was walking home from church when he spotted Mootoo shivering on the street and after he and his wife made Mootoo a sandwich, Mootoo opened up and told them his story. After this experience, Mootoo told the paper, “I want to go home, I’m thinking about going back to Guyana.”

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

For three years earlier this decade, Marlins Park would masquerade as a football venue at least once ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...