Strange News : Man gets lost in NYC for five days

Damon Mootoo, a new comer to New York City, was lost for five days after simply stepping out for a walk. Mootoo was staying at his brother’s house in Queens when he decided to go out on a walk just 12 hours after arriving in New York for the first time. The man, 32, quickly got disoriented. Although Mootoo can speak English, he said he didn’t ask for directions because he was afraid he’d be deported and because he had heard scary stories about New York. Mootoo decided to rough it in abandoned cars and under wood planks to survive the temperatures that dropped into the low 20s. Michal Bharath, was walking home from church when he spotted Mootoo shivering on the street and after he and his wife made Mootoo a sandwich, Mootoo opened up and told them his story. After this experience, Mootoo told the paper, “I want to go home, I’m thinking about going back to Guyana.”

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...