LCn Records founder shouldn’t rap, too

Coming into the rap scene rockin’ beats that resemble the height of Cash Money and No Limit Records really isn’t going to get you much attention. If anything, you might cause some flashbacks here and there. Regardless, Miami’s own Jediah will try to break into the rap game with his debut album “Confessions of a Thug.” He spent most of his younger years in North Miami Beach’s Washington Park where drug dealing was common. The lyrics throughout the album illustrate his experiences with street life, something that’s not unique when listening to a debut rap album.

Jediah voice resembles Ja Rule’s, only having a slower southern drawl. “Confessions of a Thug” is mostly written and produced by the rapper, who is the founder and CEO of the record label LCn Records. On the album’s single “S.U.V.” the rapper dedicates the song to.yes, his car. On the tune, Jediah belts “This one’s dedicated to my S.U.V./You’re my own personal hotel mami.”

The rapper describes his music as being “Thug Passion Music,” a term coined by Tupac Shakur, Jediah’s heavy influence. There may be dozens of reasons on how the two don’t compare, but the main is in choice of lyric. While Shukur had more important things to say about the current conditions of his time, Jediah sticks only to his story.

That’s the problem with the majority of up and coming rappers; they don’t have anything important or unique to say. In order for Jediah to have the same success that Luther Campbell had in the 305 there need to be some changes made in both lyric and beat.

Marcos Col

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...