LCn Records founder shouldn’t rap, too

Coming into the rap scene rockin’ beats that resemble the height of Cash Money and No Limit Records really isn’t going to get you much attention. If anything, you might cause some flashbacks here and there. Regardless, Miami’s own Jediah will try to break into the rap game with his debut album “Confessions of a Thug.” He spent most of his younger years in North Miami Beach’s Washington Park where drug dealing was common. The lyrics throughout the album illustrate his experiences with street life, something that’s not unique when listening to a debut rap album.

Jediah voice resembles Ja Rule’s, only having a slower southern drawl. “Confessions of a Thug” is mostly written and produced by the rapper, who is the founder and CEO of the record label LCn Records. On the album’s single “S.U.V.” the rapper dedicates the song to.yes, his car. On the tune, Jediah belts “This one’s dedicated to my S.U.V./You’re my own personal hotel mami.”

The rapper describes his music as being “Thug Passion Music,” a term coined by Tupac Shakur, Jediah’s heavy influence. There may be dozens of reasons on how the two don’t compare, but the main is in choice of lyric. While Shukur had more important things to say about the current conditions of his time, Jediah sticks only to his story.

That’s the problem with the majority of up and coming rappers; they don’t have anything important or unique to say. In order for Jediah to have the same success that Luther Campbell had in the 305 there need to be some changes made in both lyric and beat.

Marcos Col

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...