What’s going on?

TODAY (Jan 25)
Resident Assistant applications for the 2007 selection must be submitted to the Department of Residence Halls by 5 p.m.

The Belly Bust comedy series is back! Come out to the Rat from 7 to 11 p.m. for a show featuring Jen Kober.

Grammy award-winning singer John Mayer will perform at the BankUnited Center from 8 to 11:45 p.m.

SATURDAY (Jan 26)
Up ’til Dawn is sponsoring a car wash from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wendy’s on US-1 and S.W. 57th Avenue.

Hurricanes baseball season kicks off with the Inaugural Hurricanes Baseball FanFest from 4 to 7 p.m. at Mark Light Field. The annual Alumni Game will follow.

SUNDAY (Jan 27)
Watch the women’s basketball team as they take on Clemson at 2 p.m. in the BankUnited Center.

The German film “Requiem” will be screened at the Cosford Cinema from 5 to 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 305-284-4861.

MONDAY (Jan 28)
Want to know what’s going on this semester? Canes Night Live will hold an information session at 7 p.m. in the I-lounge.

The Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies welcomes guest speaker Alejandro Pe

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...