Former vice president to speak on campus

Former Vice President Al Gore will speak as past of the University Lecture Series on Feb. 28 at the BankUnited starting at 6:30 p.m.

Gore, who ran for president in 2000, will give a presentation similar to the one that appears in his recent documentary, “An Inconvenient Truth”, said Media Relations Executive Director Margot Winick. The film recently received two Oscar nods-for best feature length documentary and best original song.

The event will be open to all students. At the time of publication, information on ticketing was not yet available.

Please be sure to check the paper for more details as the event approaches or visit TheMiamiHurricane.com.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...