Complex beats make up rap debut

Lil’ Jon’s young prodigy has finally released his major debut album. In “Bred 2 Die, Born 2 Live,” Lil’ Scrappy had the luck to score two of the biggest names in the rap-game, Lil’ Jon and 50 Cent, to executive produce his album.

Hailing from Atlanta, the 22-year-old rapper was one of the first to sign onto Lil’ Jon’s record company, BME Recordings. According to Jon, Scrappy is “one of the best up and coming threats down south.” Starting to write rhymes at the age of nine, Scrappy was said to be ahead of the game by the age of 13, having great wordplay when it came to is nouns and verbs.

There are a total of 19 tracks in “Bred 2 Die, Born 2 Live,” half of which feature guest appearances from MC’s that range from 50 Cent to Three 6 Mafia. In the album’s single, “Money In the Bank,” featuring G-Unit’s Young Buck and sporting a bass-driven beat, Scrappy boasts “50 got me/ Lil Jon got me/ I got a big-ass family/How you gon’ stop me?” Other tracks like G-S*** features a more complex beat which is a nice change from the simple and lacking bass-driven tracks which just about anyone can come up with in less than a minute.

The best song on the album is “Baby Daddy;” a mellow tune directed at all the babies’ mommas and the drama that arises in the relationship having Scrappy crow “This is for all the baby daddies.” The lyrics throughout the album aren’t too impressive, just your average 16 bars with a witty line here and there.

With some more time and knowledge that will come along his way, Scrappy’s lines should become more skillful and cunning, having them offer more serious subject topics. For now, “Bred 2 Die, Born 2 Live” should be seen as a good first draft.

Marcos Col

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...