Nephew of UM basketball coach Frank Haith shot in NY

Men’s basketball Head Coach Frank Haith learned Monday night that his nephew was shot and killed in New York.

Sean Bell was leaving his bachelor party and was scheduled to be married the next day. His 23 year life was cut short by 50 rounds of bullets shot at Bell’s car as he and two friends left a strip club in Queens, NY, according to the Associated Press.

Funeral arrangements have been made for Friday, Dec. 1.

Despite the tragic news, Haith accompanied his team to Illinois to take on Northwestern Tuesday night and will return from the funeral for the scheduled Sunday contest against Georgia Tech.

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...