Nephew of UM basketball coach Frank Haith shot in NY

Men’s basketball Head Coach Frank Haith learned Monday night that his nephew was shot and killed in New York.

Sean Bell was leaving his bachelor party and was scheduled to be married the next day. His 23 year life was cut short by 50 rounds of bullets shot at Bell’s car as he and two friends left a strip club in Queens, NY, according to the Associated Press.

Funeral arrangements have been made for Friday, Dec. 1.

Despite the tragic news, Haith accompanied his team to Illinois to take on Northwestern Tuesday night and will return from the funeral for the scheduled Sunday contest against Georgia Tech.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...