Sports Briefs

VOLLYBALL
Volleyball splits the weekend

Miami split a pair of matches this weekend against by losing to the University of North Carolina 1-3 (30-12, 30-24, 30-28, 30-26) and beating North Carolina State 3-0 (30-23, 30-22, 30-26). The Hurricanes move to 11-18 overall and 8-12 in Atlantic Coast Conference play.

In the first match, North Carolina dominated the first game from start to finish and easily took the first game 30-12.

The second game saw 10 tied scores and six lead changes. Miami would ultimately come away with the victory in the game 30-24.

Miami jumped out to an early 16-11 lead in game three. The Hurricanes extended their advantage to 24-17. The Tar Heels came from behind to take the game 30-28.

The ‘Canes trailed in the final game until they tied the score at 25-all. UNC pulled away at the end of the match and defeated Miami 30-26.

In the second match, Miami put game one away over NC State following an Angelica Eills kill that put the ‘Canes up 16-15. UM easily went on to take the game 30-23.

The Hurricanes jumped out to an early 20-12 lead against the Wolf pack in game two. Miami cruised to an easy 30-22 victory to take a 2-0 in the match.

Miami took the final game 30-26. The ‘Canes held leads of 15-10 and 24-17 before wrapping up the game and the match.

Statistical leaders for Miami included outside hitter Frannie Savage who led Miami in two matches with a combined 20 kills. Setter Jill Robinson posted 67 assists total. Senior Ann Gallo provided 38 digs over the weekend.

FOOTBALL
Reddick rejoins team

Safety Anthony Reddick was reinstated to the team and was active for the team’s game against Virginia on Saturday.

Reddick had been suspended indefinitely for his actions following an Oct. 14 brawl with Florida International University.

After the brawl erupted, Reddick could be seen swinging his helmet at FIU players.

FOOTBALL
UM receiver pleads no contest

Miami receiver Ryan Moore pleaded no contest to two charges that stem from an on-campus altercation involving two women.

Moore entered a prearranged pre-trail program that will keep his record clear as long as he completes 50 hours of community service, anger management courses and pays $1,307 in damages he caused by kicking the car of one of the victims.

Information complied from Hurricanesports.com

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...