Cancer survivor, NFL player tell story of friendship and football

Steven Rom, a two-time cancer survivor and former sports writer, and Rod Payne, a South Florida native who played for University of Michigan before starting a career in the NFL, will be hosting a book signing for “Centered by a Miracle: A True story of Friendship, Football and Life.”

The story centers on a low point for Rom when he was diagnosed with cancer. He and Payne met in 2001 and their friendship, which grew from a love of football, enabled him to overcome the cancer.

Check out thehurricaneonline.com next week for a review of the book.

The book signing and discussion will be held on Thursday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m. at the Borders Books and Music on S. Dixie Hwy. in Pinecrest. For information and directions call 305-665-8800.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...