case of the ‘blahs’? pick yourself up and notice your worth!

The end of the semester is almost here. I feel like I have done nothing with myself the past few months. I mean, I know that I’ve done stuff, but I just don’t feel like I’ve accomplished much of anything. Where the hell did the time go? I feel like just yesterday it was September, and I was looking forward to an awesome semester. Now I’m sad it’s almost over. Sometimes, I feel this way about my entire life. Like, what am I doing with myself? It’s not like I’m psycho and feel out of control, I don’t know, I just feel a little lost.

Lost

Dear Reader,

I don’t think that your feelings are all that unusual at all. You’ve got to figure, at the very least, that you did something interesting and entertaining with your time considering that, well, as they say, your time this semester “flew by” without you noticing all that much. I think that a lot of stressed out, goal-oriented, busy, and ambitious people feel this way – add in some sleep deprivation (a natural byproduct of being a busy bee!) and you’ve got a recipe for the blahs, or worse, feeling like you haven’t accomplished all that much.

Of course, you must put things in perspective. Let’s see, you are one human being who can only study so much, drink so much, love so much, befriend so much. Do you get the drift here? Don’t get down on yourself because there is only so much time in the day for you to be an active person. You’ve got to sleep, too, you know!

Anywhoo, if you feel like you’re coming down with a serious case of the blahs, it might be time to figure out where your time is going or maybe construct some kind of activity schedule by which you can allot yourself time for certain activities. Also, I don’t think many students realize just how much their eating/consumption habits affect the way that they feel about themselves day in and day out, but perhaps adding some fresh veggies, fruits, and whole grains to your diet might help to perk you up and energize you a bit more; a person can only drink so much coffee.

Last but not least, the counseling center or some kind of professional help is always an option if you feel like your blahs are becoming just a bit too much to handle.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.In a poll conducted on over 5,000 British men, 74% percent of them found a woman with long hair to be more sexually attractive, 12% percent of the men considered women with short hair to be more sexually attractive, and the rest had no preference either way.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...