case of the ‘blahs’? pick yourself up and notice your worth!

The end of the semester is almost here. I feel like I have done nothing with myself the past few months. I mean, I know that I’ve done stuff, but I just don’t feel like I’ve accomplished much of anything. Where the hell did the time go? I feel like just yesterday it was September, and I was looking forward to an awesome semester. Now I’m sad it’s almost over. Sometimes, I feel this way about my entire life. Like, what am I doing with myself? It’s not like I’m psycho and feel out of control, I don’t know, I just feel a little lost.

Lost

Dear Reader,

I don’t think that your feelings are all that unusual at all. You’ve got to figure, at the very least, that you did something interesting and entertaining with your time considering that, well, as they say, your time this semester “flew by” without you noticing all that much. I think that a lot of stressed out, goal-oriented, busy, and ambitious people feel this way – add in some sleep deprivation (a natural byproduct of being a busy bee!) and you’ve got a recipe for the blahs, or worse, feeling like you haven’t accomplished all that much.

Of course, you must put things in perspective. Let’s see, you are one human being who can only study so much, drink so much, love so much, befriend so much. Do you get the drift here? Don’t get down on yourself because there is only so much time in the day for you to be an active person. You’ve got to sleep, too, you know!

Anywhoo, if you feel like you’re coming down with a serious case of the blahs, it might be time to figure out where your time is going or maybe construct some kind of activity schedule by which you can allot yourself time for certain activities. Also, I don’t think many students realize just how much their eating/consumption habits affect the way that they feel about themselves day in and day out, but perhaps adding some fresh veggies, fruits, and whole grains to your diet might help to perk you up and energize you a bit more; a person can only drink so much coffee.

Last but not least, the counseling center or some kind of professional help is always an option if you feel like your blahs are becoming just a bit too much to handle.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.In a poll conducted on over 5,000 British men, 74% percent of them found a woman with long hair to be more sexually attractive, 12% percent of the men considered women with short hair to be more sexually attractive, and the rest had no preference either way.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...