not clicking with anyone? step out of that comfort zone!

Dear V

I am in school here, and so far it’s great, although I am very far away from home. I enjoy my classes and my major, and I have met a ton of people, but I miss my old friends a lot, and I don’t think that I will be able to find anyone who compares to them. I have made a few friends, but I haven’t found anyone yet who I can see myself being real friends with. Also, I am kind of upset because all of my old friends seem to be making tons of new friends, and I just can’t seem to let go that easily.

Holding on to the Past

Dear Reader,

I am assuming from your letter that you are a freshman. For some people, making friends is really, really easy, but it’s not so easy for other people, for whatever reasons. For me, personally, I met my best friends from college during my freshman year, but, for a lot of people, it doesn’t work like that. I am of the opinion that you pick up good friends randomly throughout your travels, and, like most things in this life, you can’t really control the people with whom you will click the best; it just happens that you enjoy and will enjoy the company of some more than you will enjoy the company of others.

Perhaps, you ought to try stepping out of your comfort zone a little bit because I have a strong feeling that your apprehensions about really letting loose with these new friends is what is holding you back from having genuinely strong connections with these people. True, it will be difficult at first, but what else are you going to do? You will go crazy if you feel as if there is no one upon whom you can rely. Likewise, you must continue to go out and meet people – there is no harm in being friendly!

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day…Women prefer a man with a tight and muscular butt because it signals to her that he has the ability to make the strong, thrusting forward motion necessary for the act of sexual intercourse…

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...