Chief Justice Roberts to speak at BankUnited Center

John G. Roberts, Jr., chief justice of the United States Supreme Court, will speak as a part of the University Lecutre series at the BankUnited Center on Nov. 13 at 7 p.m.

Jan Crawford Greenburg, an ABC News Supreme Court correspondent, will facilitate the event, which will feature a question and answer session.

He will also visit a communication, law and history class on Nov. 14.

Roberts received his law degree from the Harvard School of Law in 1979. After graduation, he served as a law clerk for Judge Henry Friendly on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, according to the Supreme Court website. He later clerked at U.S. Supreme Court for then-Associate Justice William Rehnquist, along with Dean Colson, chairman of the UM Board of Trustees.

Roberts then joined the Reagan administration in 1981 as special assistant to then-U.S. Attorney General William French Smith. From 1982 to 1986 Roberts served as associate counsel to President Reagan and was later appointed principal deputy solicitor general from 1989 to 1993.

Roberts was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. He was nominated as Chief Justice of the United States by President George W. Bush and took his seat on Sept. 29, 2005.

Roberts lives in Washington D.C. with his wife of ten years, Jane Marie Sullivan, and their two children, Josephine and John.

Marina Nazir also contributed to this article.

Greg Linch may be contacted at g.linch@umiami.edu.

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...