Chief Justice Roberts to speak at BankUnited Center

John G. Roberts, Jr., chief justice of the United States Supreme Court, will speak as a part of the University Lecutre series at the BankUnited Center on Nov. 13 at 7 p.m.

Jan Crawford Greenburg, an ABC News Supreme Court correspondent, will facilitate the event, which will feature a question and answer session.

He will also visit a communication, law and history class on Nov. 14.

Roberts received his law degree from the Harvard School of Law in 1979. After graduation, he served as a law clerk for Judge Henry Friendly on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, according to the Supreme Court website. He later clerked at U.S. Supreme Court for then-Associate Justice William Rehnquist, along with Dean Colson, chairman of the UM Board of Trustees.

Roberts then joined the Reagan administration in 1981 as special assistant to then-U.S. Attorney General William French Smith. From 1982 to 1986 Roberts served as associate counsel to President Reagan and was later appointed principal deputy solicitor general from 1989 to 1993.

Roberts was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. He was nominated as Chief Justice of the United States by President George W. Bush and took his seat on Sept. 29, 2005.

Roberts lives in Washington D.C. with his wife of ten years, Jane Marie Sullivan, and their two children, Josephine and John.

Marina Nazir also contributed to this article.

Greg Linch may be contacted at g.linch@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...