Culture

You are NOT ALONE in the Grove

Mention Coconut Grove to any student at the University of Miami, and you’re sure to get elicit tales of reckless debauchery on Thursday nights or the endless wait at The Cheesecake Factory. But bubbling beneath the surface image of the familiar bars, restaurants and stores of UM’s closest night-out strip lies a history and folklore of another world rife with otherworldly energy lines, ghostly figures and secrets -yours to discover on Coconut Grove’s nightly Ghost Tour.

The tour meets in front of 3484 Restaurant, near Se

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...