Need Halloween plans? Keep reading…

Already attended Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights? Looking to celebrate Halloween a little closer to home? South Florida has everything you could want to make this year’s ghoulish get together spooktacular.

Halloween on Lincoln Road
Time: 5 p.m.- 1 a.m.
What: Lincoln Road merchants will be handing out candy for the kids from 5-6 p.m. and starting at around 9 p.m. come dressed in costume to win prizes and see the darker side of the South Beach. For more information call 786-355-4848.

‘The Birds’ Halloween at the Forge
Time: Starts at 10 p.m.
What: An Alfred Hitchcock-themed party. Come dressed in costume and celebrate Halloween with Ford Models.
RSVP: 305-538-8533

Gross Out Science
Time: 6-9 p.m.
Where: Museum of Discovery and Science
What: Maybe this is intended for the kids, but who doesn’t love a little cheesy fun on Halloween? Dr. Frank Einstein will open his haunted lab for some ghoulish fun ranging from slime making and monster taming (beware if you’re afraid of spiders) and gross makeup. There will also be pumpkin painting, crafts and lots of candy, perfect for the traditional kiddy Halloween. For more information, contact the museum at 954-467-6637.

Halloween Costume Contest
Time: 7 p.m., 6:30 p.m. for contestants
Where: The Rat
What: Enter to win giftcard prizes or just come to watch your fellow ‘Canes parade around in their best Halloween get-ups.

Halloween Spooktacular
Time: 3-6 p.m.
Where: Young at Art Museum in Davie, Florida
What: Fun includes games, Day of the Dead art workshops, costume parade, trick-or-treating and more. Cost is $8; for more information call 954-424-0085.

Tropical Monster Bash
Time: 6:30-9 p.m.
Where: Hollywood Beach Theater
What: From 6:30-7:30 p.m., kids can enjoy trick-or-treating along Hollywood Beach’s boardwalk and starting at 7:30 p.m. there will be live music and costume contests. For more information call 954-921-3404.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team posted a 6-2, 6-0 victory against No. 5 ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...