Need Halloween plans? Keep reading…

Already attended Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights? Looking to celebrate Halloween a little closer to home? South Florida has everything you could want to make this year’s ghoulish get together spooktacular.

Halloween on Lincoln Road
Time: 5 p.m.- 1 a.m.
What: Lincoln Road merchants will be handing out candy for the kids from 5-6 p.m. and starting at around 9 p.m. come dressed in costume to win prizes and see the darker side of the South Beach. For more information call 786-355-4848.

‘The Birds’ Halloween at the Forge
Time: Starts at 10 p.m.
What: An Alfred Hitchcock-themed party. Come dressed in costume and celebrate Halloween with Ford Models.
RSVP: 305-538-8533

Gross Out Science
Time: 6-9 p.m.
Where: Museum of Discovery and Science
What: Maybe this is intended for the kids, but who doesn’t love a little cheesy fun on Halloween? Dr. Frank Einstein will open his haunted lab for some ghoulish fun ranging from slime making and monster taming (beware if you’re afraid of spiders) and gross makeup. There will also be pumpkin painting, crafts and lots of candy, perfect for the traditional kiddy Halloween. For more information, contact the museum at 954-467-6637.

Halloween Costume Contest
Time: 7 p.m., 6:30 p.m. for contestants
Where: The Rat
What: Enter to win giftcard prizes or just come to watch your fellow ‘Canes parade around in their best Halloween get-ups.

Halloween Spooktacular
Time: 3-6 p.m.
Where: Young at Art Museum in Davie, Florida
What: Fun includes games, Day of the Dead art workshops, costume parade, trick-or-treating and more. Cost is $8; for more information call 954-424-0085.

Tropical Monster Bash
Time: 6:30-9 p.m.
Where: Hollywood Beach Theater
What: From 6:30-7:30 p.m., kids can enjoy trick-or-treating along Hollywood Beach’s boardwalk and starting at 7:30 p.m. there will be live music and costume contests. For more information call 954-921-3404.

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...