Need Halloween plans? Keep reading…

Already attended Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights? Looking to celebrate Halloween a little closer to home? South Florida has everything you could want to make this year’s ghoulish get together spooktacular.

Halloween on Lincoln Road
Time: 5 p.m.- 1 a.m.
What: Lincoln Road merchants will be handing out candy for the kids from 5-6 p.m. and starting at around 9 p.m. come dressed in costume to win prizes and see the darker side of the South Beach. For more information call 786-355-4848.

‘The Birds’ Halloween at the Forge
Time: Starts at 10 p.m.
What: An Alfred Hitchcock-themed party. Come dressed in costume and celebrate Halloween with Ford Models.
RSVP: 305-538-8533

Gross Out Science
Time: 6-9 p.m.
Where: Museum of Discovery and Science
What: Maybe this is intended for the kids, but who doesn’t love a little cheesy fun on Halloween? Dr. Frank Einstein will open his haunted lab for some ghoulish fun ranging from slime making and monster taming (beware if you’re afraid of spiders) and gross makeup. There will also be pumpkin painting, crafts and lots of candy, perfect for the traditional kiddy Halloween. For more information, contact the museum at 954-467-6637.

Halloween Costume Contest
Time: 7 p.m., 6:30 p.m. for contestants
Where: The Rat
What: Enter to win giftcard prizes or just come to watch your fellow ‘Canes parade around in their best Halloween get-ups.

Halloween Spooktacular
Time: 3-6 p.m.
Where: Young at Art Museum in Davie, Florida
What: Fun includes games, Day of the Dead art workshops, costume parade, trick-or-treating and more. Cost is $8; for more information call 954-424-0085.

Tropical Monster Bash
Time: 6:30-9 p.m.
Where: Hollywood Beach Theater
What: From 6:30-7:30 p.m., kids can enjoy trick-or-treating along Hollywood Beach’s boardwalk and starting at 7:30 p.m. there will be live music and costume contests. For more information call 954-921-3404.

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...