ladies: don’t wait for guys who won’t commit. go have fun!

I have been dating this guy on and off for a very, very long time now. I like him a lot, and I think that he likes me, but he won’t commit to a relationship with me.

Whenever I do try and bring up the issue of a relationship, he just reminds me of the fact that he isn’t interested in one, which is really upsetting to me.

I know that he is seeing other girls, but I can’t quite get over him enough to see other guys. Really, I only want to date this guy!

Not Going Anywhere

Dear Reader,

Well, as far as I’m concerned, you can either stay in this rut and hope and pray and cast spells on this boy to turn his head around your way, or you can stop seeing him altogether, and work on finding someone new.

The way that I see it right now, you pretty much only have these options because he has already stated his answer loudly and clearly. Furthermore, if you have been seeing this guy on and off for a few months, I think that you are well aware of the weirdo emotional rollercoaster upon which your involvement in this thing has deposited you.

I think that you ought to get out of this thing while you still can, and even though it will be impossibly difficult to do so, it will probably be the only way that you will be able to detach yourself from him and be able to move on. I am always of the opinion that the only way to get over someone old is to find someone new.

Of course, I think we all know how hard it is to actually pick up and move on, but honestly, if you are dissatisfied with the current state of your romantic life, what else are you going to do?

You are the only person who can change your situation, and since it’s obvious that, at present, you can’t change his mind, you have to try your very hardest to change your own mindset about the situation.

Along the lines of finding someone new, if this guy is less of a son of a beast that he portrays himself to be, once you stop going back to him, he may just realize that he misses what he used to think came oh, so easily (aka, you!).

Then, of course, you will be faced with another dilemma (courtesy of him-shocking!), but until that time comes along, it might be a fairly good idea to consider yourself as a lady who is “on the prowl.”

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.According to an Italian study, as a man’s sexual activity increases, it is likely that his testosterone levels will also increase.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...