ladies: don’t wait for guys who won’t commit. go have fun!

I have been dating this guy on and off for a very, very long time now. I like him a lot, and I think that he likes me, but he won’t commit to a relationship with me.

Whenever I do try and bring up the issue of a relationship, he just reminds me of the fact that he isn’t interested in one, which is really upsetting to me.

I know that he is seeing other girls, but I can’t quite get over him enough to see other guys. Really, I only want to date this guy!

Not Going Anywhere

Dear Reader,

Well, as far as I’m concerned, you can either stay in this rut and hope and pray and cast spells on this boy to turn his head around your way, or you can stop seeing him altogether, and work on finding someone new.

The way that I see it right now, you pretty much only have these options because he has already stated his answer loudly and clearly. Furthermore, if you have been seeing this guy on and off for a few months, I think that you are well aware of the weirdo emotional rollercoaster upon which your involvement in this thing has deposited you.

I think that you ought to get out of this thing while you still can, and even though it will be impossibly difficult to do so, it will probably be the only way that you will be able to detach yourself from him and be able to move on. I am always of the opinion that the only way to get over someone old is to find someone new.

Of course, I think we all know how hard it is to actually pick up and move on, but honestly, if you are dissatisfied with the current state of your romantic life, what else are you going to do?

You are the only person who can change your situation, and since it’s obvious that, at present, you can’t change his mind, you have to try your very hardest to change your own mindset about the situation.

Along the lines of finding someone new, if this guy is less of a son of a beast that he portrays himself to be, once you stop going back to him, he may just realize that he misses what he used to think came oh, so easily (aka, you!).

Then, of course, you will be faced with another dilemma (courtesy of him-shocking!), but until that time comes along, it might be a fairly good idea to consider yourself as a lady who is “on the prowl.”

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.According to an Italian study, as a man’s sexual activity increases, it is likely that his testosterone levels will also increase.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...