Heinicke dominates in victory over North Florida

Forward Bryn Heinicke scored two goals while North Florida only netted one in a 4-1 victory by Miami women’s soccer on Tuesday at Cobb Stadium.

The four goals by the Hurricanes marked the largest goal output in one game by Miami since the 2002 season. Miami improves to 8-8-1 overall with the win and North Florida drops to 11-5-1 on the season.

The Hurricanes defense swallowed up all offensive threats by the Ospreys. UM goalie Lauren McAdam saw only three shots overall and only one on goal. Meanwhile, the ‘Canes made 11 attempts at the North Florida goal.

Heinicke’s first goal marked the only scoring of the first half and gave Miami a quick 1-0 lead. Paulelette Ricks-Chambers set up the goal with a pass to the right side of the box where Heinicke put the ball into the far-left corner from 20 yards out for the goal in the 17th minute.

It took the Hurricanes until the 48th minute to score again. This time Rachael Rigamat beat UNF goalie Heather Gosselin to just inside the far-left post for Rigamat’s fifth goal on the season.

North Florida answered back in the 53rd minute with a goal by Christine Brewer aided by an assist from Lena Mullaney to draw UNF to within a goal 2-1.

Heinicke would answer back with her final score of the game two minutes later on a Sheuneen Ta assist. Jessica Wyble added a final insurance goal for Miami in the 66th minute, which ended the scoring 4-1.

“I really thought everyone played well tonight,” Head Coach Tricia Taliaferro told Hurricanesports.com. “I think we were extremely creative in the shots we were able to take. I was really pleased with the way we scored, every goal seem to come out of a different situation.”

Miami finishes up the regular season tonight against Duke tonight at Cobb Stadium at 7 p.m. The Hurricanes have already been eliminated from Atlantic Coast Conference tournament contention.

Denis Brown may be contacted at dbrown@umsis.miami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...