Strange News

Skier Lifts Wife for Beer Prize

John Farra, a former Winter Olympian from Caribou won the seventh annual North American Wife Carrying Championship last week. Apparently, he practiced for this great feat in Maine by running up a ski slope with 80 pounds of mortar mix. His first place finish earned him and his 110 pound wife Tess her weight in beer and five times her weight in cash ($550 – for those who are mathematically challenged). They are also eligible for a $1,000 reimbursement toward a trip to the world championships in Finland next July.

Material Girl has Third Child

Madonna and Guy Ritchie have decided to add a member to their family. They have left Malawi with a one-year-old boy after receiving a judge’s approval along with the proper adoption papers. The father of the adopted boy said he realized Madonna would be adopting his son for the first time when they met in court to go over the legal formalities. He described the family as a “lovely couple” and said that Madonna promised to bring back the adopted son to Malawi to visit.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...