Sports Briefs

Women’s Golf
University of Miami’s Jessica Steward won the Georgia State Invitational/Pelican Preserve Invite with a 54-hole Hurricane scoring record. Steward shot rounds of 69, 68, and 72 for a seven under total of 209. Penny Hammel held the old record of 212 strokes set in 1982 and was later equaled by three other ‘Canes.

Steward’s win was the first win of her collegiate career and the first by a Hurricane since Tina Miller won the Ryder Collegiate Championship in 2005.

UM finished eighth in team competition with a score of 892. Texas Tech University finished in first with 879 strokes.

Men’s Tennis
Six out of seven Hurricanes advanced to the 64th Round at the Wilson ITA Southeast Regionals. Josh Cohen, Daniel Vallverdu, Vivek Subramanian, Barnabas Carrega, Hector Nieto and Josip Rupena all moved on in singles action on Oct. 20.

Neito and Rupena defeated Auburn’s Hunter Mills and Stephen Nash 9-8 to advance in doubles.

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...