Sports Briefs

Women’s Golf
University of Miami’s Jessica Steward won the Georgia State Invitational/Pelican Preserve Invite with a 54-hole Hurricane scoring record. Steward shot rounds of 69, 68, and 72 for a seven under total of 209. Penny Hammel held the old record of 212 strokes set in 1982 and was later equaled by three other ‘Canes.

Steward’s win was the first win of her collegiate career and the first by a Hurricane since Tina Miller won the Ryder Collegiate Championship in 2005.

UM finished eighth in team competition with a score of 892. Texas Tech University finished in first with 879 strokes.

Men’s Tennis
Six out of seven Hurricanes advanced to the 64th Round at the Wilson ITA Southeast Regionals. Josh Cohen, Daniel Vallverdu, Vivek Subramanian, Barnabas Carrega, Hector Nieto and Josip Rupena all moved on in singles action on Oct. 20.

Neito and Rupena defeated Auburn’s Hunter Mills and Stephen Nash 9-8 to advance in doubles.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...

Miami's schedule features seven matches against teams that reached the NCAA Championship. ...