Sports Briefs

Women’s Golf
University of Miami’s Jessica Steward won the Georgia State Invitational/Pelican Preserve Invite with a 54-hole Hurricane scoring record. Steward shot rounds of 69, 68, and 72 for a seven under total of 209. Penny Hammel held the old record of 212 strokes set in 1982 and was later equaled by three other ‘Canes.

Steward’s win was the first win of her collegiate career and the first by a Hurricane since Tina Miller won the Ryder Collegiate Championship in 2005.

UM finished eighth in team competition with a score of 892. Texas Tech University finished in first with 879 strokes.

Men’s Tennis
Six out of seven Hurricanes advanced to the 64th Round at the Wilson ITA Southeast Regionals. Josh Cohen, Daniel Vallverdu, Vivek Subramanian, Barnabas Carrega, Hector Nieto and Josip Rupena all moved on in singles action on Oct. 20.

Neito and Rupena defeated Auburn’s Hunter Mills and Stephen Nash 9-8 to advance in doubles.

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...