Ex-Mossad chief critiques Israeli handling of recent war

All wars are a reality check, a former Israeli intelligence chief told a group of mostly seniors at the 11th annual Taffy Gould Lecture on Oct. 11.

Uzi Arad, who served with the Israeli intelligence agency, Mossad, for 25 years, gave his lecture to an audience of 100 people at the Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic Studies.

Arad is also the founder of the annual Herzliya Conference on Israel’s national security and resilience and is the director of the Institute of Policy and Strategy at the Lauder School of Government at the Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center in Israel.

His lecture, entitled “The Aftermath of Lebanon: Israel’s National Security Revisited,” focused on Israel’s military and security as well as on measures taken by Israeli officials which, in Arad’s opinion, led to the recent Israel-Lebanon conflict.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...