Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

There you are in the club, looking your hottest, when you notice that good-looking guy over in the corner checking you out. This could be good, you think to yourself, as he starts making his way toward you. And then, he opens his mouth and smoothly says, “Hey pretty baby, if I told you that you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?” Moment ruined.

Guys, if you haven’t already figured it out, pick-up lines just don’t work. Is there anything more impersonal and pathetic than using some cheesy line you got off a sleazy website from guys who claim to be “big pimpin'”? Those guys probably got all of their girl skills from a Star Trek convention. Now, do you really want to be taking their advice? I don’t think so.

I’ve heard all sorts of pick-up lines. They range from the highly sexual (“Do you clean your pants with Windex? Cause I can see myself in them.”) to the highly odd (“My love for you is like explosive diarrhea, I just can’t hold it in!) to even the more humorous ones (“Are you a Pok

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...