What about Wednesday?

Often seen as the “catch-up with homework” day of the week, Wednesday has been often ignored as another opportunity to go out and experience Miami. And quite honestly, if you remember that Wednesday is hump day, you might want to rethink your activities and make Wednesday the best day of the week.

Ladies’ Night

What a better way to celebrate than with free drinks? From 10 p.m.-1 a.m., ladies can drink free and listen to live music provided by various DJ’s at Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern-right across from Shops at Sunset Place.

Live Music

Or maybe you would prefer to get your groove on right next to campus at Titanic Brewery, which features Blues Jams with Chris Cosner every Wednesday night from around 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.

Dancing Scene

Every Wednesday, UVA Restaurant and Lounge has happy hour from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. with $1 drinks and featuring live music from DJ Pablo Ferreria. Be sure to order the dulce de leche martini to complement their incredible hummus and pita appetizer and dance the night away.

Cocktail Hour

From 6 p.m.-close, you can watch girls strut their stuff wearing clothes from Neiman Marcus while sipping on half-price cocktails and complimentary hors d’oeuvres at The Biltmore Bar’s “What’s Hip Wednesdays.” Plus, admission and parking are free.

For The Intellectual

Drinking and dancing not your thing? Check out booksandbooks.com for upcoming author events at the Coral Gables location. This upcoming Wednesday, October 11 features author William Sleator and his novel Hell Phone.

So, get off your couch, put down your textbooks, throw on your special outfit and start giving Wednesday night the attention it deserves.

Bari Lieberman is the EDGE Editor and may be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...