What about Wednesday?

Often seen as the “catch-up with homework” day of the week, Wednesday has been often ignored as another opportunity to go out and experience Miami. And quite honestly, if you remember that Wednesday is hump day, you might want to rethink your activities and make Wednesday the best day of the week.

Ladies’ Night

What a better way to celebrate than with free drinks? From 10 p.m.-1 a.m., ladies can drink free and listen to live music provided by various DJ’s at Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern-right across from Shops at Sunset Place.

Live Music

Or maybe you would prefer to get your groove on right next to campus at Titanic Brewery, which features Blues Jams with Chris Cosner every Wednesday night from around 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.

Dancing Scene

Every Wednesday, UVA Restaurant and Lounge has happy hour from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. with $1 drinks and featuring live music from DJ Pablo Ferreria. Be sure to order the dulce de leche martini to complement their incredible hummus and pita appetizer and dance the night away.

Cocktail Hour

From 6 p.m.-close, you can watch girls strut their stuff wearing clothes from Neiman Marcus while sipping on half-price cocktails and complimentary hors d’oeuvres at The Biltmore Bar’s “What’s Hip Wednesdays.” Plus, admission and parking are free.

For The Intellectual

Drinking and dancing not your thing? Check out booksandbooks.com for upcoming author events at the Coral Gables location. This upcoming Wednesday, October 11 features author William Sleator and his novel Hell Phone.

So, get off your couch, put down your textbooks, throw on your special outfit and start giving Wednesday night the attention it deserves.

Bari Lieberman is the EDGE Editor and may be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...