What about Wednesday?

Often seen as the “catch-up with homework” day of the week, Wednesday has been often ignored as another opportunity to go out and experience Miami. And quite honestly, if you remember that Wednesday is hump day, you might want to rethink your activities and make Wednesday the best day of the week.

Ladies’ Night

What a better way to celebrate than with free drinks? From 10 p.m.-1 a.m., ladies can drink free and listen to live music provided by various DJ’s at Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern-right across from Shops at Sunset Place.

Live Music

Or maybe you would prefer to get your groove on right next to campus at Titanic Brewery, which features Blues Jams with Chris Cosner every Wednesday night from around 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.

Dancing Scene

Every Wednesday, UVA Restaurant and Lounge has happy hour from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. with $1 drinks and featuring live music from DJ Pablo Ferreria. Be sure to order the dulce de leche martini to complement their incredible hummus and pita appetizer and dance the night away.

Cocktail Hour

From 6 p.m.-close, you can watch girls strut their stuff wearing clothes from Neiman Marcus while sipping on half-price cocktails and complimentary hors d’oeuvres at The Biltmore Bar’s “What’s Hip Wednesdays.” Plus, admission and parking are free.

For The Intellectual

Drinking and dancing not your thing? Check out booksandbooks.com for upcoming author events at the Coral Gables location. This upcoming Wednesday, October 11 features author William Sleator and his novel Hell Phone.

So, get off your couch, put down your textbooks, throw on your special outfit and start giving Wednesday night the attention it deserves.

Bari Lieberman is the EDGE Editor and may be contacted at b.lieberman@umiami.edu.

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...