The Voice of V

V, The Hurricane’s own relationship and life expert, opens up to The Hurricane, and her readers in this exclusive interview.

How did you start the column?
I used to be an opinion columnist for The Hurricane, but I suggested a regular column called “Dear V” to the Editor-in-Chief at the time, and she thought it was a great idea. I wrote a proposition; a sample question, and started getting questions right away.

How can you determine which letters are fake?
I can’t determine which ones are fake, and it’s honestly something I can’t worry about, because it’s an advice column, and you’d like to think that part of it is there for entertainment purposes – you don’t consult a glamour magazine for hardcore news.

Which were the most outrageous letters?
For the most part, it’s mediocre “boy trouble this, girl trouble that” stuff. Although I’ve had to tone a lot of them down before because they were too graphic for the Editor-in-Chief at the time. I do get a lot of questions about masturbation, and the first semester I did the column, I got a few about sex toys.
I did get one about this guy who was obsessed with anime. He was saying how he wanted his girlfriend to dress up like a character, and she was not having that.

There are also a lot of relationship problems that people our age encounter. Nothing is ever really that insane; it’s a little shocking, but never abnormal-but then again, I’m a very open, tolerant person.

Once you’re done, how will you choose a successor?
I’ve actually had a lot of people approach me, people who know my real identity, about taking the column on, and I think one of these days I will appoint some kind of prot

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team edged No. 77 Paola Diaz-Delg ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...

For the 17th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season in the top 25 of the ...

The quest for a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships begins Thursday for Miami's track a ...