Liberal na’vete impedes War on Terror

Historical comparisons of current events often times become a lot like political polling. If one disagrees with the poll, then the questioner or the sampling was biased or in error. If one agrees with it, it represents some great insight into the wisdom of the general public. So it goes with historical comparisons – you like it, you cite it; you disagree with it, you disregard it. The recent debate about historical comparisons and the War On Terror provides a perfect example of how this declaratory disregard for history has solidified for liberals their permanent places of honor among the perpetually na’ve.

How quickly we forget that history did not begin in 1985. How quickly we forget that right up until the end of the Cold War the most ardent opponents of Soviet containment were liberal Democrats. While the liberal/conservative divide in the American domestic political sense doesn’t apply to confronting Hitler prior to World War II, it was this same sense of na’vet

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...