Strange News

Spray Away the Pounds

If you’re tired of yo-yo dieting and countless hours spent at the gym, then according to CLAmor, you can just spray off your excess weight! CLAmor is a weight-loss supplement that you spray on your food. They come in delicious flavors such as butter, olive oils, garlic and plain. The main ingredient is ClarinolT, which CLA has supposedly “scientifically proven” to aid the body in shrinking fat cells. When CLAmor is sprayed onto food, the body metabolizes CLA after the food is digested, and CLA begins to “work its magic.” The company says that many users saw result in as little as a month. While the idea of spraying your way into shape is appealing, it is important to remember that it is not FDA approved and not proven like good, old-fashioned exercise and smart eating choices.

Surf’s Up For a Good Cause

Many surfers are used to sharing the best waves and complaining about the crowded conditions in popular locations such as Australia and California. However, on Sept. 17, 2006 in Johannesburg, South Africa, dozens of wave riders took on a “the more the merrier” attitude as they joined together to break a world record by riding one single wave. In total there were 73 surfers ranging from ages 7 to 67 riding the save wave for 5 seconds; beating the previous record of 44 people in Ireland. This event supported the Shark Spotters safety program; funding binoculars, flags, sirens and monetary donations for two popular beaches near Cape Town that are known for frequent shark attacks.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...