Police Beat

Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. It is estimated that 900,000 Americans become victims of ID theft each year, and this number is growing. The FTC recommends following the 3D approach: Deter, Detect, & Defend. Deter identity thieves by safeguarding your personal information. Shred personal documents you no longer need, don’t carry your social security card with you, don’t give personal information over the phone, and never click on links sent in unsolicited emails. Detect suspicious activity by routinely monitoring your financial accounts and billing statements. Defend against ID theft as soon as you suspect a problem. Contact the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Public Safety for information on how to proceed. Further information on identity theft and crime prevention is available at www.miami.edu/publicsafety, or through the Crime Prevention Office at (305) 284-1105.

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team edged No. 77 Paola Diaz-Delg ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...

For the 17th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season in the top 25 of the ...

The quest for a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships begins Thursday for Miami's track a ...