JT: For those sexy Miami nights

Justin Timberlake claims “I’m bringin’ sexy back” on the first single, “Sexyback” from his second solo studio effort, FutureSex/LoveSounds. Lots of artists make obnoxious claims, and very few can back them up; but in Justin’s case, his FutureSex/LoveSounds might be just the thing to add another layer of sex appeal to our sex-addicted music community.

The twelve-track album is full of crisp sounds. Justin’s voice oozes charisma and charm, with complete confidence in his ability to make ladies weak at the knees.

Make no mistake, this is a sexually charged album. It’ll make a flawless addition to any number of the many sweaty, illicit Miami nights, but it isn’t all about the sex.

The most important thing to note is what strong songs Justin has lined up. “Futuresex/Lovesound,” “Sexy Ladies – Let Me Talk to You,” “My Love,” “LoveStoned – I Think She Knows,” “Chop Me Up” and “Summer Love” are all finger-snapping good. They layer the flashy album with sleek dance numbers and hot mixes ( what you might expect from the album’s collaborator, Timbaland).

Even with everything FutureSex/LoveSounds has going for it, albums of this nature have a tendency to get repetitive and boring after awhile. The fact that FutureSex/LoveSounds can stay fresh even after repeat listens says a lot about the production and Timberlake’s enthusiasm for the music he’s now making.

It’s true that Timberlake has grown-up, as a musician and in general. But there’s still something very casual and almost childlike hidden in his music, an exuberance you can’t fake.

Danny Gordon can be contacted at d.gordon@umiami.edu.

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...