JT: For those sexy Miami nights

Justin Timberlake claims “I’m bringin’ sexy back” on the first single, “Sexyback” from his second solo studio effort, FutureSex/LoveSounds. Lots of artists make obnoxious claims, and very few can back them up; but in Justin’s case, his FutureSex/LoveSounds might be just the thing to add another layer of sex appeal to our sex-addicted music community.

The twelve-track album is full of crisp sounds. Justin’s voice oozes charisma and charm, with complete confidence in his ability to make ladies weak at the knees.

Make no mistake, this is a sexually charged album. It’ll make a flawless addition to any number of the many sweaty, illicit Miami nights, but it isn’t all about the sex.

The most important thing to note is what strong songs Justin has lined up. “Futuresex/Lovesound,” “Sexy Ladies – Let Me Talk to You,” “My Love,” “LoveStoned – I Think She Knows,” “Chop Me Up” and “Summer Love” are all finger-snapping good. They layer the flashy album with sleek dance numbers and hot mixes ( what you might expect from the album’s collaborator, Timbaland).

Even with everything FutureSex/LoveSounds has going for it, albums of this nature have a tendency to get repetitive and boring after awhile. The fact that FutureSex/LoveSounds can stay fresh even after repeat listens says a lot about the production and Timberlake’s enthusiasm for the music he’s now making.

It’s true that Timberlake has grown-up, as a musician and in general. But there’s still something very casual and almost childlike hidden in his music, an exuberance you can’t fake.

Danny Gordon can be contacted at d.gordon@umiami.edu.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...