Culture

The Last Kiss-Garden State’s older brother?

After the success of Garden State, it’s tempting to typecast Zach Braff as the go-to guy for acting out a quarter-life crisis on film. For those familiar with his charming portrayal of a confused twenty-something exploring “the infinite abyss,” his next coming of age comedy-drama, The Last Kiss, might give off the impression that he is treading the same territory.

But according to Braff, that’s where the similarities end.

“Maybe at this point in my life, I’m attracted to these characters,” the Scrubs star said in a phone interview. “I think people will always be looking for the comparison, but. [The Last Kiss] is a darker movie [that] goes to a pretty dark place in terms of talking really openly about relationships and commitment and lust and all those things that get us in trouble in life.”

Based on the Italian film L’Ultimo Bacio, the movie, directed by actor Tony Goldwyn, follows four friends whose lives are about to change as they turn 30. Michael (Braff) is coming to terms with the societal pressures of getting married to his pregnant fianc

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...