EDGE discusses 9/11 with WTC’s controversial director Oliver Stone

As images of the Twin Towers crumbling are fading back into America’s mind, this week marks the fifth year since 9/11. In a bit of poetic coincidence, it also marks the fifth week since Oliver Stone’s drama World Trade Center first came to theaters, months after United 93 broke the ice.

The world has been given another chance to reflect on that tragic day at the multiplex, but is it still too soon? Should anyone who hasn’t watched this movie even consider seeing it?

The short answer is yes. Here’s the longer answer:

“It’s an international film in its humanity,” Stone said in a phone interview. “It’s about the qualities of the human heart – the ability to connect, to feel compassion, to overcome fear. It gets to the heart, where the center of all action begins and ends.”

The film, which is on its way to grossing $64 million at the box office, relives 9/11 through the eyes of John McLoughlin (Nicolas Cage) and Will Jimeno (Crash’s Michael Pe

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

As has been the case all season, the Miami women's tennis team is top-20 in the Oracle/ITA nati ...