Don’t want a relationship now? then don’t rush it!

,

I’ve got a pretty unusual problem on my hands. I’m a twenty-year-old girl who doesn’t want a relationship. It’s not that I have problems trying to land a guy because I don’t at all.

Actually, I have the opposite problem. I get so much attention from guys that it kind of freaks me out sometimes. Obviously, I know that these guys who pursue me don’t all want relationships with me. I would be crazy to think that!

But, at the same time, I have friends who are obsessed with settling down and would die to be in my position. Am I weird for not wanting what everybody else wants? Whenever I tell my friends that I’m perfectly happy being a single lady, they all seem to look at me like I have three heads.

Single and Lovin’ It!

Dear Reader,

While a lot of girls claim to want to be thrust into super-serious, spend every single second of every single day with you, love you forever and for always kinds of relationships, there are just as many girls who want to enjoy their young adulthoods as foot- loose and fancy-free as they possibly can. Is there a problem with being a member of either camp? Absolutely not! I say do what you want to do.

In my opinion, I think that it’s a bit of a myth that guys are the only commitment phobic sex. I know plenty of single ladies who are not only quite content with their status, but who are probably having more of a blast than those who seem to be a tad more tied down. And, I’m not saying that these single chicks are living lives that resemble Girls Gone Wild.

What they and you likely enjoy about the single status is the abundant opportunity for independence in every aspect of daily living.

I do, however, think that there will come a moment in your life when you will figure out why it is that your friends think you’re insane for your perspective on the single life – it happens to the best of us. Until that day arrives though, keep doing what you’re doing, and ignore your friends when they roll their eyes at you. Their supposed horror might actually be a little bit of envy in disguise.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day…Women in stable relationships masturbate more often than those who aren’t in stable relationships…

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

Frost School of Music faculty member Carlos Abril highlights how demographic characteristics influen ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

University of Miami redshirt senior Beatrice Mompremier has been named Atlantic Coast Conference Pre ...

Few players in college basketball can boast the same type of winning pedigree as Nysier Brooks and n ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami student-athletes continued their strong work in the classroom this past year, po ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...