Don’t want a relationship now? then don’t rush it!

,

I’ve got a pretty unusual problem on my hands. I’m a twenty-year-old girl who doesn’t want a relationship. It’s not that I have problems trying to land a guy because I don’t at all.

Actually, I have the opposite problem. I get so much attention from guys that it kind of freaks me out sometimes. Obviously, I know that these guys who pursue me don’t all want relationships with me. I would be crazy to think that!

But, at the same time, I have friends who are obsessed with settling down and would die to be in my position. Am I weird for not wanting what everybody else wants? Whenever I tell my friends that I’m perfectly happy being a single lady, they all seem to look at me like I have three heads.

Single and Lovin’ It!

Dear Reader,

While a lot of girls claim to want to be thrust into super-serious, spend every single second of every single day with you, love you forever and for always kinds of relationships, there are just as many girls who want to enjoy their young adulthoods as foot- loose and fancy-free as they possibly can. Is there a problem with being a member of either camp? Absolutely not! I say do what you want to do.

In my opinion, I think that it’s a bit of a myth that guys are the only commitment phobic sex. I know plenty of single ladies who are not only quite content with their status, but who are probably having more of a blast than those who seem to be a tad more tied down. And, I’m not saying that these single chicks are living lives that resemble Girls Gone Wild.

What they and you likely enjoy about the single status is the abundant opportunity for independence in every aspect of daily living.

I do, however, think that there will come a moment in your life when you will figure out why it is that your friends think you’re insane for your perspective on the single life – it happens to the best of us. Until that day arrives though, keep doing what you’re doing, and ignore your friends when they roll their eyes at you. Their supposed horror might actually be a little bit of envy in disguise.

Best of Luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day…Women in stable relationships masturbate more often than those who aren’t in stable relationships…

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...