UMNEWS – Community leader gives $1 million to support UM ethics program

President Donna E. Shalala announced on Wednesday a $1 million gift from community leader Adrienne Arsht, chairman of the Board of Directors of TotalBank, to benefit the University of Miami’s Ethics Programs. Ms. Arsht’s gift, one of the largest supporting ethics programs in the state of Florida, will fund university-wide, interdisciplinary initiatives that engage students, faculty and the community into a new level of collaborative thinking and research.

“Ethics are at the core of everything we do. By incorporating ethics into most fields of study, the University of Miami is providing a vision for leadership in this community,” Arsht said in a press release. “My hope for this endeavor is that students from across all of UM’s campuses will have a core understanding of ethics as it relates to all aspects of their lives.”

“Adrienne’s leadership in our community continues with her gift,” Shalala said in the release.

The gift creates a platform for expanded university-wide, interdisciplinary programs. It will enhance a program that has been in existence at UM for 15 years under the leadership of Anita Cava of the School of Business and Ken Goodman of the Miller School of Medicine and Department of Philosophy, College of Arts and Sciences.

So what’s UM getting with this recruiting class, among players already committed, most or all of who ...

On the eve of the early signing period, the new University of Miami defensive coordinators met the m ...

The early signing period is finally here and the Miami Hurricanes’ class is, at least for now, disap ...

Photo Gallery: UM football availabiilty | Tuesday, December 18, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Zach McCloud said he never doubted whether he would return to the Miami Hurricanes for his senior se ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

Things have changed in Coral Gables since the end of the regular season, but there will be a familia ...

Canes and Houston Baptist play at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24/23 Miami women's basketball team will begin play at the Florida Sunshine Classic in ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Miami women's basketball team is ranked in the top 25 of both major national polls this wee ...