Top 10 end of school year tips from Public Safety
10. Do not pack your car the night before you leave. It’s like putting all your eggs in one basket.
9. Lock your room each time you leave.
8. Do not leave anything in plain view in your car.
7. Leave nothing unattended. Do not leave suitcases or other valuables on sidewalks, in hallways, or anywhere else unattended.
6. Put valuables such as expensive jewelry in your carry on luggage. Keep them with you.
5. Buckle up, drive safely and don’t drink and drive.
4. Get plenty of rest. Avoid driving while you are fatigued.
3. Make sure your car is in good running condition before you leave.
2. Check-out means Check-out. Remove all of your belongings from your room before you check out. Don’t expect to retrieve property from your room or apartment after you have checked out, it may not be there.
1. Have a great summer.
Congratulations seniors. Public Safety wishes each and every one of you the very best in all of your future endeavors.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.
THURSDAY APRIL 20
4:05 p.m. 1300 Memorial Drive Theft
FRIDAY APRIL 21
3:51 a.m. 1251 Memorial Drive Trespass
7 p.m. 5801 San Amaro Drive
Theft frommotor vehicle
SATURDAY APRIL 22
10 a.m. 1365 Memorial Drive Stolen Vehicle
N/A 1200 block Maripose Ave Disturbance
1:55 a.m. 1239 Dickinson Drive Theft
SUNDAY APRIL 23
4:13 a.m. 1231 Dickinson Drive Alcohol
8 p.m. 5501 San Amaro Drive Theft
MONDAY APRIL 24
10:35 a.m. 5821 San Amaro Drive Stolen
6:30 a.m. 5900 block San Amaro Drive
TUESDAY APRIL 25
4:54 p.m. 1252 Memorial Drive Assault