CD REVIEW – Buckcherry is back from hiatus

The most raucous, raunchy, and rockin’ band is back after a four-year hiatus. Buckcherry, the group that best embodies the past, present, and future of rock and roll, slaps you like crazy with their new release, 15.

With hard-hitting songs like the single “Crazy Bitch” lighting up rock radio, the boys are taking their volatile sound and breakneck stage show to the streets. 15 is an intense record that goes beyond raising the bar past other rock acts. It rips the bar down and bludgeons everything else out there. When Josh Todd lets rip, cursing and crooning with the premier voice in rock, you feel the high-octane music move through your veins. Keith Nelson’s guitar work adds the ballsy edge Buckcherry flaunts like no other. “So Far” and “Broken Glass” are reckless rockers that define the band’s sound.

When the gears shift to spotlight power ballads like the emotionally charged “Sorry,” we are reminded how dynamic and talented these artists are. All 11 songs on this record are hits. 15 is derived from the number of days it took to record the album.

Keith Nelson notes “Writing and rehearsing took five months, and we made the record ourselves. We funded our studio time, went in there, rolled up our sleeves, and took care of business.” That they did, as the album speaks volumes. Rock and roll is alive and thriving in Buckcherry.

John Heslin can be contacted at j.heslin@umiami.edu.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship one of th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...