CD REVIEW – Buckcherry is back from hiatus

The most raucous, raunchy, and rockin’ band is back after a four-year hiatus. Buckcherry, the group that best embodies the past, present, and future of rock and roll, slaps you like crazy with their new release, 15.

With hard-hitting songs like the single “Crazy Bitch” lighting up rock radio, the boys are taking their volatile sound and breakneck stage show to the streets. 15 is an intense record that goes beyond raising the bar past other rock acts. It rips the bar down and bludgeons everything else out there. When Josh Todd lets rip, cursing and crooning with the premier voice in rock, you feel the high-octane music move through your veins. Keith Nelson’s guitar work adds the ballsy edge Buckcherry flaunts like no other. “So Far” and “Broken Glass” are reckless rockers that define the band’s sound.

When the gears shift to spotlight power ballads like the emotionally charged “Sorry,” we are reminded how dynamic and talented these artists are. All 11 songs on this record are hits. 15 is derived from the number of days it took to record the album.

Keith Nelson notes “Writing and rehearsing took five months, and we made the record ourselves. We funded our studio time, went in there, rolled up our sleeves, and took care of business.” That they did, as the album speaks volumes. Rock and roll is alive and thriving in Buckcherry.

John Heslin can be contacted at j.heslin@umiami.edu.

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

The ITA released Thursday its academic accolades for the 2018-19 season and the University of Miami ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...