CD REVIEW – Buckcherry is back from hiatus

The most raucous, raunchy, and rockin’ band is back after a four-year hiatus. Buckcherry, the group that best embodies the past, present, and future of rock and roll, slaps you like crazy with their new release, 15.

With hard-hitting songs like the single “Crazy Bitch” lighting up rock radio, the boys are taking their volatile sound and breakneck stage show to the streets. 15 is an intense record that goes beyond raising the bar past other rock acts. It rips the bar down and bludgeons everything else out there. When Josh Todd lets rip, cursing and crooning with the premier voice in rock, you feel the high-octane music move through your veins. Keith Nelson’s guitar work adds the ballsy edge Buckcherry flaunts like no other. “So Far” and “Broken Glass” are reckless rockers that define the band’s sound.

When the gears shift to spotlight power ballads like the emotionally charged “Sorry,” we are reminded how dynamic and talented these artists are. All 11 songs on this record are hits. 15 is derived from the number of days it took to record the album.

Keith Nelson notes “Writing and rehearsing took five months, and we made the record ourselves. We funded our studio time, went in there, rolled up our sleeves, and took care of business.” That they did, as the album speaks volumes. Rock and roll is alive and thriving in Buckcherry.

John Heslin can be contacted at j.heslin@umiami.edu.

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...