POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log.

Safety Tip of the Week: Park Smart Tips

Park only in a highly visible location. If you cannot see 100 feet at night, park elsewhere. Park in higher traffic areas of the lot, if possible. Move your car during the day to improve its location. Remove all interior valuables from plain view. Lock your doors and roll up all windows. Use a highly visible steering wheel locking device. Use a car alarm and alarm decals, if available. Use valet parking for greater security, if available.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

THURSDAY APRIL 6

12:30 p.m. 5665 Ponce De Leon Blvd.

Theft

THURSDAY APRIL 13

12:50 p.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Blvd. Vandalism

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...