POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log.

Safety Tip of the Week: Park Smart Tips

Park only in a highly visible location. If you cannot see 100 feet at night, park elsewhere. Park in higher traffic areas of the lot, if possible. Move your car during the day to improve its location. Remove all interior valuables from plain view. Lock your doors and roll up all windows. Use a highly visible steering wheel locking device. Use a car alarm and alarm decals, if available. Use valet parking for greater security, if available.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

THURSDAY APRIL 6

12:30 p.m. 5665 Ponce De Leon Blvd.

Theft

THURSDAY APRIL 13

12:50 p.m. 5185 Ponce De Leon Blvd. Vandalism

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

A duo of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes advanced through to the Round of 16 ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...