Miami band Big Bang Radio is set to explode

Up and coming local band Big Bang Radio is building their reputation as a premier act on the South Florida music scene. These guys have the chops, the look, the sound, and the drive to break big in the coming months. With a high-energy stage show and a fresh sound that transcends musical genres, BBR is a force to be reckoned with both live and in the studio.

Hot off a gig at UM, BBR is focusing on a new release which will highlight their growth over the last few months. This band is brand new, but they are tight, ambitious, and set a high standard for themselves. Blasting forth a sound that fuses raw rock power with sexuality laced funk, BBR is diverse and exciting. Singer Del is a charismatic and soulful frontman, while guitarist Alex Zapatier possesses an edgy and decadent aura. Bassist Tom Whetzel and drummer Phil Tremblay keep the band tight and allow for a wealth of atmosphere to emanate from the keyboard of Ron Anthony. Fans go wild for these guys, but Alex is quick to note that is it a “friend club. Without those who appreciate our art, there is no reason to do it.” With that said, the guys have plenty of reasons to play on.

You can catch Big Bang Radio at Sunfest in West Palm on May 6, and at Club Revolution in Ft. Lauderdale on June 16. Visit www.myspace.com/bbrmusic for more information and to hear some of their latest tracks. BBR is sure to stir a “Mindspace Revolution!”

John Heslin can be contacted at j.heslin@umiami.edu

The Gino DiMare era for the Miami Hurricanes couldn’t have started any better. In DiMare’s first gam ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team is a Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Aw ...