Miami band Big Bang Radio is set to explode

Up and coming local band Big Bang Radio is building their reputation as a premier act on the South Florida music scene. These guys have the chops, the look, the sound, and the drive to break big in the coming months. With a high-energy stage show and a fresh sound that transcends musical genres, BBR is a force to be reckoned with both live and in the studio.

Hot off a gig at UM, BBR is focusing on a new release which will highlight their growth over the last few months. This band is brand new, but they are tight, ambitious, and set a high standard for themselves. Blasting forth a sound that fuses raw rock power with sexuality laced funk, BBR is diverse and exciting. Singer Del is a charismatic and soulful frontman, while guitarist Alex Zapatier possesses an edgy and decadent aura. Bassist Tom Whetzel and drummer Phil Tremblay keep the band tight and allow for a wealth of atmosphere to emanate from the keyboard of Ron Anthony. Fans go wild for these guys, but Alex is quick to note that is it a “friend club. Without those who appreciate our art, there is no reason to do it.” With that said, the guys have plenty of reasons to play on.

You can catch Big Bang Radio at Sunfest in West Palm on May 6, and at Club Revolution in Ft. Lauderdale on June 16. Visit www.myspace.com/bbrmusic for more information and to hear some of their latest tracks. BBR is sure to stir a “Mindspace Revolution!”

John Heslin can be contacted at j.heslin@umiami.edu

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...