Miami band Big Bang Radio is set to explode

Up and coming local band Big Bang Radio is building their reputation as a premier act on the South Florida music scene. These guys have the chops, the look, the sound, and the drive to break big in the coming months. With a high-energy stage show and a fresh sound that transcends musical genres, BBR is a force to be reckoned with both live and in the studio.

Hot off a gig at UM, BBR is focusing on a new release which will highlight their growth over the last few months. This band is brand new, but they are tight, ambitious, and set a high standard for themselves. Blasting forth a sound that fuses raw rock power with sexuality laced funk, BBR is diverse and exciting. Singer Del is a charismatic and soulful frontman, while guitarist Alex Zapatier possesses an edgy and decadent aura. Bassist Tom Whetzel and drummer Phil Tremblay keep the band tight and allow for a wealth of atmosphere to emanate from the keyboard of Ron Anthony. Fans go wild for these guys, but Alex is quick to note that is it a “friend club. Without those who appreciate our art, there is no reason to do it.” With that said, the guys have plenty of reasons to play on.

You can catch Big Bang Radio at Sunfest in West Palm on May 6, and at Club Revolution in Ft. Lauderdale on June 16. Visit www.myspace.com/bbrmusic for more information and to hear some of their latest tracks. BBR is sure to stir a “Mindspace Revolution!”

John Heslin can be contacted at j.heslin@umiami.edu

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...