ACTING LOCALLY, THINKING GLOBALLY

WORLD COMPETITION: The university’s Model United Nations (MUN) team traveled to New York last week to compete in the National MUN conference. UM won Outstanding Delegation-the conference’s highest recogniton-for the third year in a row. The team, which was representing Somalia, competed against more than 300 universities from around the world. The team was led by head delegate Federico Cuadra and co-head delegate Nitin Aggarwal and advised by Cristina Florez and Professor Patricia Abril. The other team members were Paul Bagley, Ashley Box, Hema Datwani, Marc Epstein, Shajena Erazo, Ben Everard, Laura Farach, Megha Garg, Hongzhao Ji, Amy Starlight Lawrence, Manuela Londono, Patricia Mazzei (editor-in-chief of The Hurricane), Maria Mendieta, Anjuli Pandit, Natasha Parekh, Carly Rhodes, Stefano Rotati, and Trishul Siddharthan.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...