SOAR AWARDS 2006: um’s top student organizations

Organization of the Year

Indian Student Organization

Student Organization Leader of the Year

Martin Cruz- Mesa

Best New Organization

Rotaract Club

Silent Inspiration

Tina Robles

Honorable Mention- Ruthanna Young

Most Improved

Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers

Advisor of the Year Weizhao Zhao

Most Spirited

SpectrUM

Best Website

Rock Climbing Club

Honorable mention- United Black Students

Excellence in Programing

COSO’s Choice

Soceity of Women Engineers- Outreach 2006

Community Service

UM Alternative Breaks-

Fall Alternative Break

Cultural

Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos-

Three Days of Cuban Culture

Innovative

United Black Students-

Black Beauty Fair

Performance

United Black Students-

Afircan Storytelling

Awareness/ Educational

Council of International Students and Organizations- United Nations Day 2006

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...