UMNEWS Professor awarded distinction for engineering accomplishments

The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) has elected Baruch B. Lieber, Ph.D., professor of Biomedical Engineering and Radiology, a Fellow. The Fellow grade is the highest elected grade of membership within ASME, which recognizes exceptional engineering achievements.
Lieber has been a very active leader in the bioengineering field. During Lieber’s 18 year career he has published 45 refereed journal papers, more than 140 conference proceedings and three book chapters. In addition, he is on the editorial board of critical reviews of Biomedical Engineering and a co-editor of a book series on neurovascular disease.
He has secured more than $8 million in research funds and holds two patents and has four patent applications in process.
He has served in various capacities as a consultant to various medical device companies such as Embolic protection Inc, Cordis Neurovascular, Target Boston Scientific and Microvention.
Lieber has been an active ASME member since 1987 sitting on the ASME engineering technical committees and has helped organize various technical sessions.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...