UMNEWS Professor awarded distinction for engineering accomplishments

The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) has elected Baruch B. Lieber, Ph.D., professor of Biomedical Engineering and Radiology, a Fellow. The Fellow grade is the highest elected grade of membership within ASME, which recognizes exceptional engineering achievements.
Lieber has been a very active leader in the bioengineering field. During Lieber’s 18 year career he has published 45 refereed journal papers, more than 140 conference proceedings and three book chapters. In addition, he is on the editorial board of critical reviews of Biomedical Engineering and a co-editor of a book series on neurovascular disease.
He has secured more than $8 million in research funds and holds two patents and has four patent applications in process.
He has served in various capacities as a consultant to various medical device companies such as Embolic protection Inc, Cordis Neurovascular, Target Boston Scientific and Microvention.
Lieber has been an active ASME member since 1987 sitting on the ASME engineering technical committees and has helped organize various technical sessions.

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

Bennie Blades will serve as host of the UMSHoF's Eighth Annual Celebrity Bowling Tournament, on ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...