UMNEWS – UM appoints new deputy university librarian

The University of Miami’s Libraries have appointed Yolanda L. Cooper deputy university librarian. Cooper is responsible for the day-to-day operations of library programs and services and provides oversight of the library’s capital projects and facilities programs.

Cooper was previously employed as associate university librarian for organizational development at the University of Virginia Library where she provided leadership for the Library’s Administrative Services, including Library Human Resources, Grants, Financial Services and Business Operations and Management Information Services. Cooper also oversaw the activities of the Multicultural Issues Committee and steered an ongoing Diversity Team to work with diversity issues at UV. She served as the Libraries diversity officer at Indiana University and was responsible for the oversight of recruitment and retention efforts and in providing training and opportunities for cultural awareness for students, faculty and staff. She was named a Frye Institute Fellow in 2004 and won the White Collaborative Award from the IUB Libraries, Indiana University in 2002. She received her Master of Library Science from the School of Library and Information Science at Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...