UMNEWS – UM appoints new deputy university librarian

The University of Miami’s Libraries have appointed Yolanda L. Cooper deputy university librarian. Cooper is responsible for the day-to-day operations of library programs and services and provides oversight of the library’s capital projects and facilities programs.

Cooper was previously employed as associate university librarian for organizational development at the University of Virginia Library where she provided leadership for the Library’s Administrative Services, including Library Human Resources, Grants, Financial Services and Business Operations and Management Information Services. Cooper also oversaw the activities of the Multicultural Issues Committee and steered an ongoing Diversity Team to work with diversity issues at UV. She served as the Libraries diversity officer at Indiana University and was responsible for the oversight of recruitment and retention efforts and in providing training and opportunities for cultural awareness for students, faculty and staff. She was named a Frye Institute Fellow in 2004 and won the White Collaborative Award from the IUB Libraries, Indiana University in 2002. She received her Master of Library Science from the School of Library and Information Science at Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...