UMNEWS – UM appoints new deputy university librarian

The University of Miami’s Libraries have appointed Yolanda L. Cooper deputy university librarian. Cooper is responsible for the day-to-day operations of library programs and services and provides oversight of the library’s capital projects and facilities programs.

Cooper was previously employed as associate university librarian for organizational development at the University of Virginia Library where she provided leadership for the Library’s Administrative Services, including Library Human Resources, Grants, Financial Services and Business Operations and Management Information Services. Cooper also oversaw the activities of the Multicultural Issues Committee and steered an ongoing Diversity Team to work with diversity issues at UV. She served as the Libraries diversity officer at Indiana University and was responsible for the oversight of recruitment and retention efforts and in providing training and opportunities for cultural awareness for students, faculty and staff. She was named a Frye Institute Fellow in 2004 and won the White Collaborative Award from the IUB Libraries, Indiana University in 2002. She received her Master of Library Science from the School of Library and Information Science at Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...