POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Reporting a Crime

Be alert and observant wherever you are and learn to recognize signs of criminal behavior. Report all crime to Public Safety at 305 284-6666, 8-6666 or use a Blue Light telephone even if it is only an attempt. Crime cannot be controlled or prevented if it is not reported. By reporting crimes and suspicious activities you can protect yourself and others from being a victim and assist us in reducing crime.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 22

12:47 a.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Arrest

2:14 a.m. 1300 of Stanford Drive Alcohol violation

10:05 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft of bicycle

5 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Theft

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23

5 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Simple Assault

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 24

1 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Vandalism

9 a.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft of bicycle

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 25

12:38 a.m. 1203 Walsh Ave Alcohol-Juvenile Violation

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...