Dancevic making huge impact as freshman

The city of Miami is undoubtedly unique in comparison to women’s tennis freshman Monika Dancevic’s hometown of Niagra Falls, Ontario. However, Dancevic is adjusting comfortably to the new surroundings with the help of her teammates.

“It can be a little bit tough at times, being the only freshman on this team,” Dancevic said. “But the girls have been very responsive to me and I have forged solid bonds already with many of my teammates living in the dorms.”

While Dancevic is the youngest player on this year’s squad, she is not the only new face on the UM women’s tennis team. Additionally, Ana Rupic, a junior transfer from South Alabama, and Audra Cohen, a sophomore transfer from Northwestern University, have joined the team.

Dancevic comes to Miami highly touted with an impressive junior r

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...