soulful coffeehouse sounds to metal rock: four types of music for four types of moods

Stephen Fretwell is another example of soulful British pop that seems to fit the coffeehouse sound or soulful bluesy stereotype. Breathy and of slow tempo, the 12 tracks are assisted by piano and guitar and have a heavy unplugged sort of feel. Despite the emotional lyrics Fretwell manages to throw in a few curse words that seem a bit awkward and laughable but they fit the tone of the music.

These days it seems as though having “the” in front of a band name immediately qualifies the group for stardom, with The Subways, they’ve earned their title. A mix of hard rock and punk, The Subways three-member mixed sex group focuses on hard guitar and drum sounds for their main beats. Already known for their single, “Rock and Roll Queen,” The Subways are well on their way to stardom.

Their debut album featuring the already popular song, “4Ever,” these two girls manage to be sweet and fierce at the same time. A few songs shy of a 12-track volume of rock ballads, The Veronicas manage to make clich

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...