Metal band Dead to Fall’s new music is pure chaos

It’s hard to write an impartial review of a death metal album. It’s one of the few alienating genres that strive to turn people off, often quite successfully. Dead to Fall is a classic death metal band. Full of vigor and untidiness, their songs are not songs but intensified emotions. Pretty much anything that could be equated with being miserable is the subject for most death metal songs. Dead to Fall glorify this absence of sense and purpose for heavy music that promotes head banging.

Villainy and Virtue is 10 songs of anguish, torment, guilt, resentment, longing and anything else you could attach a negative association to. Twin guitars, ever so apparent on most of Villainy and Virtue, plague Dead to Fall like they do most bands. Long since heavy metal, the clich

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...