Metal band Dead to Fall’s new music is pure chaos

It’s hard to write an impartial review of a death metal album. It’s one of the few alienating genres that strive to turn people off, often quite successfully. Dead to Fall is a classic death metal band. Full of vigor and untidiness, their songs are not songs but intensified emotions. Pretty much anything that could be equated with being miserable is the subject for most death metal songs. Dead to Fall glorify this absence of sense and purpose for heavy music that promotes head banging.

Villainy and Virtue is 10 songs of anguish, torment, guilt, resentment, longing and anything else you could attach a negative association to. Twin guitars, ever so apparent on most of Villainy and Virtue, plague Dead to Fall like they do most bands. Long since heavy metal, the clich

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

The first debates of the Democratic presidential primary season will take place over two nights. How ...

Doctoral student Maria del Rosario Concha Mendez is spending the summer researching materials in the ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that led her to sign up w ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Emese Hof and Samantha Gonzalez, are among the record 585 nomin ...

Chris McMahon was selected to participate in the 2019 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team training ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...