Metal band Dead to Fall’s new music is pure chaos

It’s hard to write an impartial review of a death metal album. It’s one of the few alienating genres that strive to turn people off, often quite successfully. Dead to Fall is a classic death metal band. Full of vigor and untidiness, their songs are not songs but intensified emotions. Pretty much anything that could be equated with being miserable is the subject for most death metal songs. Dead to Fall glorify this absence of sense and purpose for heavy music that promotes head banging.

Villainy and Virtue is 10 songs of anguish, torment, guilt, resentment, longing and anything else you could attach a negative association to. Twin guitars, ever so apparent on most of Villainy and Virtue, plague Dead to Fall like they do most bands. Long since heavy metal, the clich

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...