LETTER TO THE EDITOR

I was disappointed to read the recent Hurricane editorial regarding University Village on Friday, Feb. 3. We are extremely excited to be building the first housing project at the University in almost 40 years, and we believe the students are excited as well. The University Village Leasing Office, located in Apartment 42G, opened its doors this past Wednesday, and during their first day UV representatives met with more than 200 students interested in the apartments.

The rental rates for the apartments will be as follows: one bed/one bath $1250, two bed/two bath $815, four bed/four bath $735 and four bed/two bath $675. Included in the rates are utilities (electricity, water), cable, local telephone service, unlimited internet connectivity and free parking. The University Village complex will be landscaped to look like the rest of the campus. Hurry ‘Canes shuttles will stop at three locations throughout the complex and a well-lit landscaped pedestrian walkway connecting the Village to the rest of the campus was just completed. All students living at University Village will be able to park for free at one of two gated garages within the complex. This will reduce the number of students who currently drive to the campus, which will improve the parking situation for the rest of the off-campus students.

The role of the Community Assistants will be somewhat different [from]that of the Resident Assistants as less programming will be required for upperclass students; however, CAs will address any policy violations that come to their attention in an effort to maintain a certain quality of life for all residents.

The leasing process will begin this week. Students will be able to apply online through MyUM. Additional information will be made available through the website www.miami.edu/universityvillage, through The Hurricane and IBIS News.

Should students have questions or concerns regarding living at University Village, they should visit the Leasing Office at Apartment 42 G or call (305) 284-3680.

Sincerely,

Gilbert Arias

Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...