LETTER TO THE EDITOR

I was disappointed to read the recent Hurricane editorial regarding University Village on Friday, Feb. 3. We are extremely excited to be building the first housing project at the University in almost 40 years, and we believe the students are excited as well. The University Village Leasing Office, located in Apartment 42G, opened its doors this past Wednesday, and during their first day UV representatives met with more than 200 students interested in the apartments.

The rental rates for the apartments will be as follows: one bed/one bath $1250, two bed/two bath $815, four bed/four bath $735 and four bed/two bath $675. Included in the rates are utilities (electricity, water), cable, local telephone service, unlimited internet connectivity and free parking. The University Village complex will be landscaped to look like the rest of the campus. Hurry ‘Canes shuttles will stop at three locations throughout the complex and a well-lit landscaped pedestrian walkway connecting the Village to the rest of the campus was just completed. All students living at University Village will be able to park for free at one of two gated garages within the complex. This will reduce the number of students who currently drive to the campus, which will improve the parking situation for the rest of the off-campus students.

The role of the Community Assistants will be somewhat different [from]that of the Resident Assistants as less programming will be required for upperclass students; however, CAs will address any policy violations that come to their attention in an effort to maintain a certain quality of life for all residents.

The leasing process will begin this week. Students will be able to apply online through MyUM. Additional information will be made available through the website www.miami.edu/universityvillage, through The Hurricane and IBIS News.

Should students have questions or concerns regarding living at University Village, they should visit the Leasing Office at Apartment 42 G or call (305) 284-3680.

Sincerely,

Gilbert Arias

Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...