Culture

FROM STRIPCLUB TO HEALTHCLUB

Once practiced only by the ladies who entertained in gentlemen’s clubs or got kinky in the bedroom, stripping and pole dancing have made their way out of the darkness and into gyms across the nation.

It’s no myth that most strippers have incredible bodies, and women everywhere are discovering the beneficial effects of their workout without resorting to stripping themselves. Instead, strip aerobics or pole-dancing classes offer the chance to have a great body and a boost of confidence.

Considered a workout because routines and exercises leave participants winded, these somewhat risqu

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...