Culture

MTV U programming centers around college students

Turn on the television after noon and flip the channels between stations such as BET, VH1, CMT and MTV. The result? Reality shows, music countdowns and gossips about the famous lives of celebrities. But what about the music? In response to the energy of college students, mtvU is finally bringing students and music enthusiasts show that are beneficial, interesting and all about the music.

Beginning with the introduction of the newly acquired broadband station of mtvU.com and mtvU

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...