Hite brings Hurricanes back from second-half deficit

Senior Robert Hite valiantly answered the call with his team trailing, hitting five of seven three-pointers on his way to scoring 17 second-half points in the Hurricanes’ 78-69 win against Wake Forest.

“This has to be one of the top shooting nights I’ve had since I’ve been at Miami,” Hite said. “I was feeling tonight. I felt like everything I was putting up was going in.”

Hite tied a career high with seven three-pointers, a feat he accomplished last year against FIU. His 25 points gave him more than 1,500 for his career and moved him into eighth place on Miami’s all-time scoring list.

In the first half, Wake Forest looked determined to improve its 1-6 record in the ACC, shooting 6-for-7 from three-point range. Justin Gray looked crisp, shooting 5-for-6 from beyond the arc while scoring 17 first-half points.

In the second half, Miami stepped up its defense, holding Gray to just three points. Then, with the Hurricanes desperately needing a run, Robert Hite stepped up with clutch outside shots.

“He’s playing at an unbelievable level right now,” Head Coach Frank Haith said. “I’m really proud of him because he’s… stepping up in big games. He has been our most consistent player all year.”

Michael Holt can be contacted at: m.holt1@umiami.edu.

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...