Hite brings Hurricanes back from second-half deficit

Senior Robert Hite valiantly answered the call with his team trailing, hitting five of seven three-pointers on his way to scoring 17 second-half points in the Hurricanes’ 78-69 win against Wake Forest.

“This has to be one of the top shooting nights I’ve had since I’ve been at Miami,” Hite said. “I was feeling tonight. I felt like everything I was putting up was going in.”

Hite tied a career high with seven three-pointers, a feat he accomplished last year against FIU. His 25 points gave him more than 1,500 for his career and moved him into eighth place on Miami’s all-time scoring list.

In the first half, Wake Forest looked determined to improve its 1-6 record in the ACC, shooting 6-for-7 from three-point range. Justin Gray looked crisp, shooting 5-for-6 from beyond the arc while scoring 17 first-half points.

In the second half, Miami stepped up its defense, holding Gray to just three points. Then, with the Hurricanes desperately needing a run, Robert Hite stepped up with clutch outside shots.

“He’s playing at an unbelievable level right now,” Head Coach Frank Haith said. “I’m really proud of him because he’s… stepping up in big games. He has been our most consistent player all year.”

Michael Holt can be contacted at: m.holt1@umiami.edu.

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM coach Manny Diaz took his staff to the Florida Keys on Tuesday evening to visit with famous Keys ...

Dominic Mammarelli didn’t only commit to the Miami Hurricanes because of Mark Richt and his old staf ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

Mark Rowlands, a University of Miami professor who adopted and raised a wolf-dog cub, observed the s ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

The No. 15 Miami women's tennis team is set to open league competition Saturday afternoon with ...

ACC unveils opponents for 20-game conference schedules for next three seasons. ...

Miami tops Clemson 65-64, as Johnson hits game-winner with 0.4 seconds remaining. ...

The Miami women's tennis team ascended two spots in this week's Oracle/ITA team rankings a ...